Helpful Websites for Parents
- Visit the ParenTech Web site to learn more about parenting in the digital age.
- The National Parent Teacher Association has initiatives in educational technology signed to help parents be involved in their schools' technology activities.
- How Can I Be Involved in My Child's Education by Lynn Liontos is an article on the ERIC Web site that has many suggestions for parents wishing to become more involved in the education of their children.
- Discovery Channel Online is an added resource to the television programming on the Discovery Channel, The Learning Channel, and Animal Planet. The site also has great science and history resources and games.
- The Public Broadcasting Service Web site includes information on their programing as well as sources for teachers and links to information on the arts, technology, history, and science.
- Ask Dr. Math is a Math Forum Project that provides homework help. It is maintained by Swarthmore College.
- Bilingual Books for Kids is a commercial site that distributes materials written with Spanish and English appearing side by side.
- Think College Early is a Web site sponsored by the U.S. Department of Education that provides young adolescents with online resources for examining their choices in preparing for an occupation.
List first appeared in Technology Tips for Parents, published by National Middle School Association (NMSA) aspart of its ongoing mmitment to Month of the Young Adolescent.